Skills Link is a client-centered program that provides funding for employers and organizations to offer eligible activities to youth facing barriers to employment. The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving eleven federal departments and agencies.
- The objective of the program is to help youth overcome barriers to employment, to help youth develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market and to promote education and skills as being key to labour market participation.
- The program offers a range of activities that can be tailored to meet the individual needs of the youth.
For More Information:
- Call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105)
- Consult Service Canada’s Frequently Asked Questions page about Skills Link.
Other Youth Employment Programs:
- Employers and organizations can apply for funding to create career-related information and skills development for youth through the Career Focus program.
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees can apply for funding to create summer job opportunities for students through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Full-time students can apply for student jobs within the federal Public Service of Canada through the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP).
- Students and recent graduates can apply for summer jobs and internship opportunities through the Young Canada Works program at Canadian Heritage and Parks Canada.