Skills Link is a client-centered program that provides funding for employers and organizations to offer eligible activities to youth facing barriers to employment. The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving eleven federal departments and agencies.
- The program offers a range of activities that can be tailored to meet the individual needs of the youth.
- The objective of the program is to help youth facing barriers to employment obtain the knowledge and develop the broad range of skills and work experience they need to participate in the labour market.
For More Information:
- Call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105)
- Consult Service Canada’s Frequently Asked Questions page about Skills Link.
Other Youth Employment Programs:
- Employers and organizations can apply for funding to create career-related work experiences for post-secondary graduates through the Career Focus program.
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees can apply for funding to create summer job opportunities for students through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Full-time students can apply for student jobs within the federal Public Service of Canada through the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP).
- Students and recent graduates can apply for summer jobs and internship opportunities through the Young Canada Works program at Canadian Heritage and Parks Canada.