Need help finding a job? Want a student job with the Government of Canada? Looking to build professional experience? Are you an employer and want to know about incentives to create jobs for youth? The Government of Canada has a variety of youth employment programs that can help.
- Employers should read the terms of each program carefully before submitting an application for funding.
- Employers and youth can get further assistance either by calling Service Canada, toll-free, at 1-800-622-6232 or by visiting a Service Canada Centre.
- Students and recent graduates can find summer job and internship opportunities from across Canada through the Young Canada Works program from Canadian Heritage and Parks Canada. This program includes opportunities to improve second language skills, work in heritage preservation and work within Canada's National Parks system.
- Full-time students can post their resume at the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) Web site and apply for student jobs within the federal Public Service of Canada.
- Create a summer job for students! Canadian employers including not-for-profit organizations, public sector and smaller private sector employers (50 or fewer employees) can apply for wage subsidies to create career-related summer jobs for students between the ages of 15 to 30 through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Youth Awareness is intended to address specific labour market issues facing communities and can be used to develop and implement human resource strategies to meet employers' current and future human resource needs. The expectation of Youth Awareness is that employers and communities will develop a heightened awareness of youth as the workforce of the future.
- A wide range of community organizations can apply for funding to assist youth facing barriers to employment through the Skills Link program.
- Businesses and other organizations can receive contributions toward offering post-secondary graduates opportunities to obtain career-related work experience through the Career Focus program.