Career Focus helps youth obtain the information, skills and experience they need to make informed career decisions, find a job or further their education, including providing career-related work experience. The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving eleven federal departments and agencies.
- The program helps facilitate youth transition into the labour market.
- It provides youth with the information and the skills, work experience and abilities they need to become part of the workforce.
- It also supports skills competitions to encourage more young Canadians to explore careers in sectors such as trades and technology.
For More Information:
- Call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105)
- Consult Service Canada’s Frequently Asked Questions page about Career Focus.
Other Youth Employment Programs:
- Employers and organizations can apply for funding to assist youth facing barriers to employment through the Skills Link program.
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees can apply for funding to create summer job opportunities for students through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Full-time students can apply for student jobs within the federal Public Service of Canada through the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP).
- Students and recent graduates can apply for summer jobs and internship opportunities through the Young Canada Works program at Canadian Heritage and Parks Canada.