Post-Secondary Survival Tips
Meet people and pass your courses with flying colours with these survival tips.
- Socialize! Others have the same need for friendship that you do, and most have similar concerns and worries. Try to be outgoing so that you can make new friends.
- Make your room your own. You will be spending the majority of your time in your room, so why not take some extra time to decorate it according to your own style?
- Explore the campus during the first few days you are there. This will help you find your classes, discover the best places to study, and help you learn what your school has to offer.
- Get involved! Step outside of your comfort zone, try new things, meet new people, and learn more about yourself! There are many groups and clubs that you can join according to your preferences (sports, books, music, politics, religion, games and more). Try it!
- Keep healthy! Leading a healthy lifestyle will not only help you feel better physically but will also help you manage day-to-day stress.
- Find out about your campus athletic facilities. Most schools provide access as part of each student’s fees.
- Read these study tips for help managing your work load and getting the most out of your education.
Helpful Web Sites:
- Find tips that will help you eat healthy delicious meals that won’t break your budget!