We welcome your comments, feedback and ideas. All comments will be read and any emerging themes or helpful suggestions will be passed to the relevant people in the department. Although we are not able to reply individually to all messages, they will be handled on a case-by-case basis and responded to when deemed appropriate.
We expect that conversations will follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information such as phone numbers, social insurance numbers, banking information, resumes or email addresses in the body of your comment.
We will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to refuse to publish, edit or remove any of the following:
- comments contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- messages where the sender is not the author (nor the copyright holder if applicable)
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency
- announcements from labour or political organizations
- messages written in a language other than English or French
- comments not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages, and
- messages that are far off-topic and any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of discussion.
In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the section they are posted. If you have any questions about the comment policy or how we apply it, please contact us.
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the dialogue spaces on the site, where applicable.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, messages, moderating and posting of comments will generally occur during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible.
The views of participants commenting on our social media sites do not necessarily represent the views of the “Voice” Blog.